Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wednesday's Thoughts

There was a thread on the WW board about the Biggest loser show, and the diets they were on. It was an interesting thread for me to read. It promoted me to go back to my fitday journal , where I realized I have not consumed over 1300 calories since I started journaling!! I've always been a minimal eater, hhmmmm ....

This part here makes a lot of sense to me:
"From a behavioral standpoint, even if you use fat-free margarine, salad dressing, mayonnaise, etc at home, you're still feeding the habit of adding fat to your food. When you are away from home, you're much more likely to use full-fat versions because they're likely to be the only thing available. Using these products regularly may keep your taste buds accustomed to added fat. "

I just experienced this a couple of weeks ago when I made a chicken, spinach, and mushroom soup. It was a Cooking Light recipe, and I could definitely tell there was fat missing. That was the first time I could actually put my finger on something like that in terms of taste. I told dh that I / we would definitely be relearning how to taste foods again taking out the fat!

BTW: If you visit CookingLight.com, there should be a popup upon entry that offers two free issues, following a year's subscription at 60% off the newsstand price, that's about $2 an issue!! Can't beat that!! Especially with the holiday issues coming up, I jumped on it ;o)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!