Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Be still my heart, a BLT I can eat!

www.Hungry-girl.com has done it again. I love BLTs. Around here we have these drive thru (fast food) restaurants called Cook Out. I LOVE their BLTs, but each time I eat one I know that's part of my "20% bad" rule. Then as much as I love the taste, it just doesn't seem worth it. Does anyone know what I'm saying? :)

Well Miss HG calculated the average amount of points a regular BLT would be, and of course, my guilt was keeping me straight - they're 13 points! But she come up with a replacement for the classic, and reduced the point value to THREE points. PTL!!

HG's 1-2-3 BLT

Ingredients:
2 slices of Wonder Light Bread, Weight Watchers Bread (or another 40 calorie bread)
2 slices Louis Rich Turkey Bacon
2 slices of tomato
2 teaspoons of Hellmann's/Best Foods reduced fat mayo
1 romaine lettuce leaf

Directions:
Toast your bread. Prepare your bacon in the microwave while bread is toasting. Smear a teaspoon of mayo on each half. Break bacon pieces in half. Assemble your sandwich, using all remaining ingredients -- bacon, lettuce and tomato. Cut in half. Serve with pickles. Yummmmmm!


Nutritional Info:

Serving Size: 1 HG Guilt-Free 1-2-3 BLT
Calories: 180
Fat: 7g
Sodium: 710mg
Carbs: 24g
Fiber: 6g
Sugar: 1g
Protein: 8.5g

* 3 Points!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!