Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sunday's Thoughts

I've been trying to make heads or tails of the calorie issue. From what I have read, I should be eating at least 1500 calories a day, but according to my fitday journal reports, my average caloric intake for the past week is 1115. The way I see it, if I don't have my caloric intake gouging properly, none of my other nutritional goals will make sense. I am more than less hitting my daily target points goal of 22 points, so it makes no sense.

I asked at my meeting Thursday, and my leader said that one point, give or take, is 70-90 calories. So, if this is right, then according to my 22 points per day goal, my caloric intake would be 1540 - 1980, so really, that's about right!

I have always been a "light" eater, what I am wondering is, if I am indeed not taking in the calories my body needs, then the literature I have been reading is right- my metabolism has slowed down, and that is why I am putting on, and keeping, this weight. I am going to have to do more research into this issue until i find an answer that is reasonable for me. if WW is scientifically proven, which they are, I trust that, then there is an answer- I just have to find it. ....

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I've always wanted to try journaling. AOL has that feature, but I've never used it.

    Has it helped?

    Amy
    from iVillage WW's board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:57 PM

    Hi Amy! Thanks for stopping by!! Yes, this has really helped me since starting WW. I am a very visual learner, and have a horrible memory. So this gives me the ability to look back over my week and see what could have been better, what was going on, etc ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!